Lobby for California Families Tuesday, March 14 at 9am -5pm
Help crowdfund a Charter Bus to bring SoCal Families to Sacramento to meet their legislators and Learn to Lobby against bills like #SB18 (Children’s Bill of Rights, Senator Pan), #SB426 (home visiting, Senator Pan), and #AB992 (Cal Works home visiting, Assemblymember Arambula) which undermine the unique family dynamic.
- 9 am -12 pm Learn to Lobby (email us to register for this training which is $10 firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 12:30 – 1 pm Distribute materials opposing #SB18, #SB426, #AB992 and other bills that impact California families
- 1-5 pm Lobby Legislators
FUND THE SoCal BUS (sponsor yourself, family, friends $50 RT)
SoCal bus pickup locations – Orange County (Anaheim at the 91 and 55 freeway), Los Angeles County (Santa Clarita), Kern County (Bakersfield)
- Depart SoCal: Mon, March 13 at 10 – 11 pm
- Arrive Sac: Tue, March 14 approx 7-8 am
- Depart Sac: Tue, March 14 approx 5-6 pm
- Arrive SoCal: Wed, March 15 approx 1-2 am
The chartered bus trip is approx 8-9 hrs each direction and is an affordable way to travel to Sacramento and not have to be concerned with airfare, hotel, local transportation, or driving the distance. It is an opportunity to build connections with like-minded parental and health rights advocates as we continue to advocate for parental rights and healthy families. You can sleep on the bus or work quietly if you have a laptop or tablet – WiFi is available. This bus is for families that will travel with children (Please make sure they can travel well.) Bathrooms and seat belts are provided. Additionally, car seats are accommodated.
Oppose SB18, SB426, AB992
- CROWDFUND Parents from Southern CA to Sacramento
- SPONSOR a SEAT
- Get to Sacramento (Bus, Airplane, Carpool)
- ATTEND the March 14 Lobby for California Families Day
Disclaimer: Educate Advocate non-profit 501(c)(3) is acting as a fiscal agent receiving the crowdfunding. Funds raised for this bus event are non-refundable and are viewed as a donation which may be tax deductible..please consult with your tax adviser. Funds will be designated for expenses related to a Chartered Bus to bring families from SoCal to Sacramento who oppose SB18, SB426 and AB992. Any excess funds raised or if the bus(es) do not fund for the March 14 Lobby day, will roll over to fund a bus for future legislative committee hearings, floor votes or future Lobby Days to bring SoCal families to Sacramento.